Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer fruit

Ah, in this heat I am so thankful for watermelon. Luscious, juicy, sweet, cool watermelon. One of the best things about summer...well, one of the ONLY things about summer that I like. Summer fruits are the best, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, melons. Ah, lovely. I hate summer otherwise, since it's full of heat, sweating and stickiness. Not my favorite season.

But watermelon, ah yes. There's no coincidence that it's ripe during the hottest days of summer since it's so cool and refreshing. I picked a good one at the store the other day, maybe I have the "thumping" thing down yet. Usually I pick a not ripe one or a squishy (YUCK!) overripe one, but NOT THIS TIME. I listened and it told me. I didn't even have to ask the produce guy to pick one for me.
Proud.

And yes, so a big hunk of watermelon was the greater part of my lunch. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment